Friday, September 19, 6:10 p.m. CT: RHP Jeff Suppan (10-9, 4.85) vs. RHP Ramon Ramirez (0-0, 2.25)
Saturday, September 20, 2:55 p.m. CT: RHP Manny Parra (10-8, 4.28) vs. RHP Johnny Cueto (8-13, 4.68)
Sunday, September 21, 12:15 p.m. CT: LHP CC Sabathia (15-9, 2.88) vs. RHP Bronson Arroyo (15-10, 4.57)
Things to look for:
1. Can the Brewers start winning–and the Mets start losing–so the Brewers can catch the Mets in the NL Wild Card race (Brewers trail Mets by 1 1/2 games with 9 games left)?
2. Can Jeff Suppan bounce back from his awful start last Sunday against the Phillies?
3. Could manager Dale Sveum’s gamble to use Seth McClung in relief on Thursday instead of starting him in this series on Friday come back to haunt him, now that he will have to use Manny Parra, who has a 7.30 ERA vs. the Reds in his two starts against them in ’08?
4. Can CC Sabathia bounce back from his poor showing against the Cubs?
5. Can Milwaukee take at least 2 of 3 and improve upon their 7-8 mark against the Reds this year to get to at least 9-9 (.500) against their division foe?
6. Will the new bullpen rotation of Todd Coffey in the 6th, Eric Gagné in the 7th, and Guillermo Mota in the 8th, used against the Cubs with success continue to prove effective against the Reds?
7. Will Dale Sveum realize that Seth McClung would make a better closer than Salomon Torres?