The Brewers, fresh off taking three of four from rival St. Louis, finish their homestand with three against the L.A. Dodgers, who have just lost four games in a row, including three to Houston, and scored one run or less in three of those four games. The meeting marks the first series between the two teams that opened the 2007 season at Miller Park against each other; both teams won three and lost three against each other in 2007.
Tuesday, 5/13, 7:05 p.m. CT: RHP Brad Penny (5-3, 4.79) vs. RHP Carlos Villanueva (1-4, 6.46)
Wednesday, 5/14, 7:05 p.m. CT: RHP Derek Lowe (2-3, 4.43) vs. LHP Manny Parra (1-2, 5.79)
Thursday, 5/15, 12:05 p.m. CT: RHP Chad Billingsley (2-5, 4.89) vs. RHP Ben Sheets (4-0, 2.53)
Things to look for:
- Can the mostly right-handed hitting Brewers continue their hot homestand against three right-handed starters?
- Can Villanueva and Parra earn their second win on the season…or at least get their ERA’s below 5.00?
- Can Sheets replicate his complete game against the Dodgers to start off the 2007 season?
- Can Ryan Braun continue his hot bat of 4 HR’s and 4 RBI’s in the last two games? Can Prince Fielder finally get going against three right-handed Dodger starters?
- Can the Crew take two out of three to go above .500 before starting their interleague play against the World Champion Boston Red Sox?